The school curriculum were drawn in accordance with the National Curriculum for Nursery, Primary, Junior and Senior Secondary Schools produced by the Nigerian Educational Research and Development Council (N.E.R.D.C).
SUBJECTS OFFERED IN NURSERY
Number Work, Letter Work, Christian Religious Knowledge/Islamic Religious Knowledge, Moral Instruction, Social Norms, Nature Study, Rhyme, Fine Arts, Health Education, Reading Readiness/Phonetics, Communication, Montessori.
SUBJECTS OFFERED IN PRIMARY
English Language, Mathematics, Primary Science, Social Studies, Agricultural Science, Home Economics, Health Education, Vocational Aptitude, HandWriting, Art Work, Quantitative Reasoning, Verbal Reasoning, Christian Religious Knowledge, Moral Instruction, Yoruba Language, Igbo Language, French, Music, Computer Studies.
CURRICULUM FOR SECONDARY SCHOOL
The Junior Secondary School education is based on continuous assessment system of evaluation and an end of course examination conducted by the Federal and State Ministries of Education leading to the award of the Junior Secondary School Certificate. The Junior Secondary School program is both academic and pre-vocational.
Successful candidates at the Junior Secondary School may then proceed to the Senior Secondary School where they will spend three(3) years. They will sit for the Senior Secondary Certificate Examinations conducted by West African Examinations Council (WAEC) and National Examinations Council (NECO).
SUBJECTS OFFERED IN JUNIOR SECONDARY
1. Core Subjects: Basic Technology, Basic Science, Civic Education, Computer Studies, Cultural and Creative Arts, English Language, French Language, Mathematics, Physical & Health Education, Social Studies.
2. Elective Subjects: Agricultural Science, Arabic Studies, Business Studies, Home Economics.
3. Nigerian Languages: Igbo Language, Hausa Language and Yoruba Language.
4. Religious Studies: Christian Religious Studies.
SUBJECTS OFFERED IN SENIOR SECONDARY
Grandmates Secondary School Curriculum has been updated to the new approved curriculum by the National Education Research and Develoment Council, there are four (4) major departments namely: Science, Humanities, Technology, and Business Studies.
There are also five (5) core compulsory subjects for each department, these core subjects includes:
1. English Language.
3. I.C.T. Computer Studies
4. Civic Education
5. One Trade Subject: students are to choose any one of the following trade subjects: Data Processing, Marketing, Insurance.
1. Science Department: Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Agricultural Science, Further Mathematics.
2. Humanities Department: Economics, Government, Literature-In-English, Christian Religious Studies/Islamic Religious Studies, Geography, Nigerian Language (Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa), Visual Art, History, Food and Nutrition, French Language.
3. Technology Department: Technical Drwaing, Wood Work, Metal Work, Applied Electricity.
4. Business Studies Department: Fianacial Accounting, Commerce, Insurance, Shorthand, Book keeping