GRANDMATES NURSERY & PRIMARY SCHOOLS is Located at #4/6 Lateef Adegboyega Street, Okota and #4/8 Grandmates Street, Oke-Afa both in Isolo, Lagos, Nigeria. Our school is a Co-educational Institution, recognized and approved by The Lagos State Government to run Nursery, Primary Junior Secondary and Senior Secondary School Programmmes.
The School which commenced at Jakande Estate Isolo on the 2nd September 1985 with four pupils and four teachers. before being annexed at 5, Alhaji Balogun Street, Off Ago Palace Way, Okota, Isolo, Lagos was founded by Mrs. Grace Mojibola Adepoju (Nee Ibikunle). May her gentle soul rest in perfect peace.
The annexed school which was operating in a rented building finally relocated to her permanent site on 15th January 1990 at 4/6 Lateef Adegboyega Street, off Ago Palace Way, Okota, Isolo, Lagos is now the Headquarters of Grandmates Group of Schools. The School, by the grace of God is a household name in rendering excellent educational services in Oshodi/Isolo Local Government Area, Lagos State in particular and Nigeria in general.
GRANDMATES SECONDARY SCHOOL was founded on the 15th of September, 1997, she is recognized and approved by The Lagos State Government to run Nursery, Primary, Junior Secondary and Senior Secondary school Programmmes. The school has also secured the recognition of West African Examinations Council (WAEC) and National Examination Council (NECO) as an approved Centre for the regular Junior and Senior Secondary Certificate Examinations.
Discipline, professionalism and commitment to excellence have helped us to be focused in bringing up young adults in the fear of God, love of humanity and the fatherland.
School hours lasts between 7.30a.m and 4.10p.m on Mondays to Thursdays. The school closes by 2.30p.m on Fridays.
GRANDMATES NURSERY & PRIMARY SCHOOL OBJECTIVES
The aims and objectives of the school are in line with the National Policies on Education. We hope to achieve our mission through the pursuance of the Following specific objectives:
1. To establish a centre of excellence where Children would be imparted with knowledge and good moral training.
2. To ensure a very high quality of teaching and guidance such that no child will turn a drop out or find it difficult to secure admission into any first class secondary school of parents’ desire.
3. To complement the efforts of the Federal and State governments in providing up-to-date facilities that will make for effective and qualitative primary education.
4. To contribute to the upliftment of the social life of the community where the school is located by ensuring that the school, staff members and pupils carry out their social and civic responsibilities and make their impact felt.
5. To promote good morals and ensure that best and appropriate practices guide our day to day activities.
GRANDMATES SECONDARY SCHOOL OUR OBJECTIVES
1. To make education more functional and qualitative.
2. To develop in our students the vital qualities of independence, Initiative, discretion and sensitivity to others’ feelings (Balanced Personality)
3. To inculcate in the students the qualities of honesty, respect for Constituted authority and positive outlook to life.
4. To make students to imbibe the ideals of community life that calls For cooperation and understanding irrespective of colour, creed or religion.
5. To contribute to the physical development and healthy growth of the students by involving them in sporting activities.
6. To conduct the affairs of the institution with all sense of decency devoid of malpractices.
7. To relate with all levels of government, institutions and our immediate environment as a responsible corporate citizen.
8. To attract, retain and motivate experienced and dedicated professionals, treating them as volunteers and making the work place conducive for high level of performance free of all forms of unfair labour practices.
We have a commitment to achieving these goals and objectives by the grace of God.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
To impact the society and our immediate locality positively through well administered group of schools where pupils/students are adequately prepared for excellent academic attainment, individual accomplishment and groomed for responsible adult life by well trained, experienced and highly motivated professionals.
OUR VISION STATEMENT
To be a household name in rendering excellent educational services.
OUR CORE VALUES
1. EXCELLENCE: Technology + Best Practices + Diligence + Hard Work + Professionalism
2. INTEGRITY: Good Reputation + Delivery on promises
3. ETHICAL PRACTICES: Efficiency + Effectiveness
4. CONTINUOUS QUALITY IMPROVEMENT: Best Practices + Technology
5. PEOPLE & RELATIONSHIP
We believe in the ability of an institution to mould the character of its students, thus we do not compromise discipline. Grandmates School is a school where emphasis is not only on academic achievements. We are a school that, as a matter of commitment, instills in the students the virtues of honesty, hard work, exemplary conduct, humility and consideration for others.
GRANDMATES SECONDARY SCHOOL ANTHEM
Grandmates secondary school
My hopes of sure tomorrow
Your song of beauty my lips shall sing
My guide to the place of dream
You will always be my star Unto you my cap I doff
Citadel of successes.
Fear of God, hardwork, discipline
Are your solid foundation
Producing leaders of tomorrow
My hero I praise your name
Wherever I’m now and then
I ‘ll tell the world of your
Greatness my alma mater.
GRANDMATES NURSERY & PRIMARY SCHOOL ANTHEM
Great Grandmates School, Citadel of learning
Preparing future leaders to meet future challenges
Founded In 1985, Long live fountain of Godliness and Knowledge,
Child care and development
My step to my great height
To bring grace out of grass
To attain this goal, we must work hard,
Lofty height is our place (2ce)
Event and calendar
IMPORTANT SCHOOL EVENTS
1. Orientation Programmes for new intakes
2. Valedictory Service
3. Christmas Carol Service
4. Students’ Week
5. End of the year activities
6. School Bi-annual Inter-house sports and athletics competitions
7. Graduation Ceremony
8. Founders Day
9. Cultural Day
All are important and students are mandated to participate actively.
The school curriculum were drawn in accordance with the National Curriculum for Nursery, Primary, Junior and Senior Secondary Schools produced by the Nigerian Educational Research and Development Council (N.E.R.D.C).
SUBJECTS OFFERED IN NURSERY
Number Work, Letter Work, Christian Religious Knowledge/Islamic Religious Knowledge, Moral Instruction, Social Norms, Nature Study, Rhyme, Fine Arts, Health Education, Reading Readiness/Phonetics, Communication, Montessori.
SUBJECTS OFFERED IN PRIMARY
English Language, Mathematics, Primary Science, Social Studies, Agricultural Science, Home Economics, Health Education, Vocational Aptitude, HandWriting, Art Work, Quantitative Reasoning, Verbal Reasoning, Christian Religious Knowledge, Moral Instruction, Yoruba Language, Igbo Language, French, Music, Computer Studies.
CURRICULUM FOR SECONDARY SCHOOL
The Junior Secondary School education is based on continuous assessment system of evaluation and an end of course examination conducted by the Federal and State Ministries of Education leading to the award of the Junior Secondary School Certificate. The Junior Secondary School program is both academic and pre-vocational.
Successful candidates at the Junior Secondary School may then proceed to the Senior Secondary School where they will spend three(3) years. They will sit for the Senior Secondary Certificate Examinations conducted by West African Examinations Council (WAEC) and National Examinations Council (NECO).
SUBJECTS OFFERED IN JUNIOR SECONDARY
1. Core Subjects: Basic Technology, Basic Science, Civic Education, Computer Studies, Cultural and Creative Arts, English Language, French Language, Mathematics, Physical & Health Education, Social Studies.
2. Elective Subjects: Agricultural Science, Arabic Studies, Business Studies, Home Economics.
3. Nigerian Languages: Igbo Language, Hausa Language and Yoruba Language.
4. Religious Studies: Christian Religious Studies.
SUBJECTS OFFERED IN SENIOR SECONDARY
Grandmates Secondary School Curriculum has been updated to the new approved curriculum by the National Education Research and Develoment Council, there are four (4) major departments namely: Science, Humanities, Technology, and Business Studies.
There are also five (5) core compulsory subjects for each department, these core subjects includes:
1. English Language.
3. I.C.T. Computer Studies
4. Civic Education
5. One Trade Subject: students are to choose any one of the following trade subjects: Data Processing, Marketing, Insurance.
1. Science Department: Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Agricultural Science, Further Mathematics.
2. Humanities Department: Economics, Government, Literature-In-English, Christian Religious Studies/Islamic Religious Studies, Geography, Nigerian Language (Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa), Visual Art, History, Food and Nutrition, French Language.
3. Technology Department: Technical Drwaing, Wood Work, Metal Work, Applied Electricity.
4. Business Studies Department: Fianacial Accounting, Commerce, Insurance, Shorthand, Book keeping